Wednesday 11 December 2013

Logan Brown

Greetings Fellow Nom Seekers!

On a posh nosh quest, I hit up Logan Brown with a colleague. This restaurant is one of Wellington's finest institution situated in the old National Bank of New Zealand building down the corner of Cuba and Vivian Street. From the restaurant decor and the initial welcome we received the moment we step in, we knew we were in for a treat. The host even took our jacket away before sitting us down at our table (don't know many restaurant that still does that).



The menu had enough on to satisfy most people and the wine list (looks more like a book to me) was huge. On this occasion, I wished I had skip my 3:00pm late lunch. Instead I had to skip entree and go straight to the main. For the main, I had the "Rangitikei Lamb rack with Napalese Spiced Cheek, Blenheim Lentils and Smoke Yoghurt" with the "Truffled Fries with Reggiano Parmesan" and "Wagyu Fat Potatoes with Habanero Mayonnaise" as the two side dishes. My colleague had the "Reserve Beef Rump with Pear Braised Short Ribs, Black Garlic, Kim Chi & Barley Cake". Imagine having to place an order after a few hours at the pub!




One of the special touch was when we were asked whether we wanted the chef to recommend on how to cook our meal to maximise the taste or would we like to have some input into it. I decided to go with the chef's recommendation. The complimentary bread was baked on site was fresh and the meals presented to both of us did not disappoint. Unlike many fine dinning places, the serve was of a decent size. The meat melted in my mouth and it was cook just the way it was described to me. My friend was also very impressed with his meal.



For desert was , I had the "Dark Chocolate Fondant with Citrus Oil Marmalade, Valencia Orange & Vanilla Ice Cream". Like the main the name was long and the dessert itself  was up to standard. This is definitely a restaurant I would go back one day.



The deets:

Location:
Logan Brown, 192 Cuba St, Te Aro, Wellington 6141, New Zealand
ph: +64 4-801 5114

Cost:
Approx NZ$180 for 2 people for main and desert and two glasses of wine.

Ambience:
Fine dining

Logan Brown Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon

Cheers
Nom Seeker, Obelix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...